- Rates and Reservations
Standard Room: $135
Extended Stay Room: $145
Family Suite: $160
Please note, rates are subject to change.
Reservations will be made on a first come, first served basis. For Group Reservations (special training, exercises, conferences etc), please email us.
Sunrise Start (Breakfast)
Complimentary Sunrise Start is available for guests
Weekdays: 6-9:30 a.m.
Weekends and Holidays: 7-10 a.m.
Check-in time is between 2 p.m. and 6 p.m. Check-out time is 11 a.m.
Permanent Change of Station (PCS)
Guests traveling on PCS orders are able to receive the confirmation of the reservation as soon as availability is verified.
Temporary Duty (TDY)
During high peak season (May - November), official reservations will be confirmed 30 days prior to arrival date. During non-peak season (December - April), official reservations will be confirmed 90 days prior to arrival date.
Space-available reservations will be confirmed the day of arrival.
The following personnel may occupy Army Lodging on a Space-Available Basis. Reservations for individuals listed at Chapter 3-4. b. are on a space available basis and will not normally be confirmed more than 48 hours in advance, except where history demonstrates inventory will be available in excess of official requirements.
(1) Military and DoD retirees.
(2) Geographical bachelors in a non-PCS status.
(3) Guests of eligible registered Army Lodging guests.
(4) Non-military uniformed personnel of the United States Coast Guard, Public Health Service, and National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, foreign military personnel when authorized by the Garrison Commander.
- Eligibility for Use of Army Lodging
Before seeking a reservation at Army Lodging Grafenwoehr, please review the following list of eligible personnel. The following list is based on Army in Europe Regulation 600-700.
All content within the referenced regulation and this website is based on Commanding General, United States Army, Europe authority.
*For a complete eligibility listing, see AE Regulation 600-700. The AE Regulation 600-700 takes precedence in an event there is a conflict with this listing.
1. U.S. military personnel on Active Duty (AD) when assigned to or on temporary duty (TDY) in Germany.
2. U.S. National Guard and Reserve Component (RC) personnel on AD in or TDY to Germany.
3. Persons attending a U.S. military academy while assigned to perform duty in Germany.
4. Family members of AD U.S. military personnel assigned to or on TDY in Germany who possess a Department of Defense (DOD) Identification Card.
5. DOD appropriated fund/non-appropriated fund (APF/NAF) civilian employees working full time in Germany and their Family members (with DOD Identification Card) that reside in the same household. This category includes those employees who are on TDY in Germany as well as APF/NAF seasonal employees at the Edelweiss Lodge and Resort for the actual period of their employment.
6. U.S. military personnel and DOD APF/NAF civilian employees assigned to non-Germany locations in Europe or North Africa, and their accompanying dependent Family members, while on leave in Germany.
7. U.S. RC personnel assigned or attached to a troop program unit in Germany when performing battle assemblies (formerly inactive duty training), rescheduled training, or equivalent training while in individual mobilization augmentation status or any other duty status under Title 10 of the United States Code.
8. DOD contractor personnel that have been accredited with SOFA status as TE/AS/TC or TC-IT personnel as specified in AE Regulation 600-700, Chapter 7, Section I.
9. U.S. and other NATO-country citizens (excluding German nationals) employed exclusively by military banking and educational institutions with limited SOFA status who are compensated in U.S. dollars and not ordinarily resident in the host nation as specified in AE Regulation 600-700, Chapter 7, Section III, and their accompanying Family members.
10. Members of Household of authorized personnel, as defined in AE Regulation 600-700, Chapter 8.
11. American Red Cross personnel who are stationed in Germany, as specified in AE Regulation 600-700, Chapter 9.
12. United Service Organization and United Seamen’s Service personnel who are stationed in Germany, as specified in AE Regulation 600-700, Chapter 10.
13. Unaccompanied Family members who reside in Germany and either possess a DOD identification card that authorize them to receive individual logistical support in Germany or a Zollbescheinigung (pink card) that authorize them to use U.S. Forces sales facilities in Germany, as specified in AE Regulation 600-700, Chapter 11.
14. Retired U.S. military personnel, and veterans who are 100 percent disabled, and their accompanying eligible Family members who either reside in Germany or who visit Germany for more than thirty (30) consecutive days and who have obtained a Zollbescheinigung (pink card) from a German Customs office.
15. NATO military and civilian personnel (excluding German nationals) assigned to NATO International Military Headquarters and their eligible Family members, as specified in AE Regulation 600-700, Chapter 17.
16. Military personnel or members of the civilian component and their eligible family members who are from Belgium, Canada, France, the Netherlands, and the United Kingdom and who are assigned to (or on TDY in) Germany (to include those who are performing liaison functions with AFRICOM, EUCOM, USAREUR, or USAFE).
17. Bona Fide guests who are invited by and accompany an authorized patron.
May U.S. Army Retirees and/or U.S. Residents traveling in Germany stay at a
lodge? If they reside within EUCOM-Yes Traveling from CONUS, they must be in
Germany for 30 days before being eligible to use Army Lodging facilities.
- Guest Services
- Queen beds
- Queen pullout couches in selected rooms
- Cable TV
- High speed internet access: free Wi-Fi throughout the hotel
- Refrigerator, microwave and coffee maker
- Built-in kitchen in select rooms
Additional Guest Services Available
- Direct dial civilian telephone
- Iron and Ironing Board
- In room safe
- Complimentary amenities
- Laundry rooms
- Ice machines
- Rollaway beds
- Baby cribs
- Playground for children
- Guest elevator
- Pets are Welcome
Pets are welcome at Grafenwoehr Lodging. Cost $3 per day per pet. There is an additional one-time, non refundable deep cleaning fee of $50.
Per Policy Letter #29 (Pets in Army Lodging), no more than two dogs or cats or combination thereof are authorized per guest unit. Other domestic pets, including goldfish, hamsters and birds may be kept in Army Lodging Facilities. Exotic pets (for example snakes) are prohibited.
Please contact us for more information if you are bringing a pet, as pets are only allowed in our “pet-friendly” rooms. A list of local kennels is available upon request.
- Striving for Improvement
Army Lodging Grafenwoehr is a customer-oriented organization that is constantly striving to improve it service; therefore, your comments and suggestions are always welcome. In the event that a situation cannot be resolved by the respective desk clerk on duty, we encourage you to elevate the issue to management.
In addition, the Interactive Customer Evaluation Service (ICE) is also available to all our customers to complement our services or recommend improvements.
- Directions from Airport
Nuremberg Airport (NUE, distance to Tower Barracks 91km/57mi). Take Autobahn A9 toward Berlin. Take exit 44-Pegnitz onto B470 toward Grafenwoehr Training Area.
Munich International Airport (MUC, distance to Tower Barracks 213km/133mi). Take Autobahn A93 toward Hof. Take exit 23-Weiden-West onto B470 toward Grafenwoehr.
Frankfurt International Airport (FRA, distance to Tower Barracks 308km/191mi). Take Autobahn A3 toward Munich. At the Interchange 88-Kreuz Nuernberg, merge onto A9 toward Berlin. Take exit 44-Pegnitz onto B470 toward Grafenwoehr Training Area.
Army Lodging Hospitality Programs is passionate about providing quality hotel accommodations to America’s Soldiers, Families, Retirees, and civilians. Army Lodging is your choice for official and leisure travel. Our guests include Department of Defense travelers on official business, as well as military members and their Families traveling on Permanent Change of Station orders. Retirees and Military Families can also make reservations when the facilities are not required for official travelers. Army Lodging is available throughout the United States, Europe, Korea, and Japan at 46 on-post locations.
Military personnel on orders must receive a Certificate or Statement of Non-availability from Army Lodging prior to staying in an off-post hotel in order to be reimbursed for lodging expenses.
Whether you’re on PCS or TDY orders or just visiting our community, we provide lodging and hospitality services to eligible patrons for America's Army.
Located on Tower Barracks (Grafenwoehr), our facility is comparable to limited service commercial hotel standards and represents quality and consistency from installation to installation. Our staff is available 24 hours a day to accept your reservation, welcome you to our hotel and make your stay as pleasurable as possible.
We thank you for making Army Lodging your first choice - and we look forward to your visit on Tower Barracks (Grafenwoehr).