- The maximum number of people allowed inside will be 60 at Tower Barracks and 40 at Rose Barracks
- Patrons will be required to wear face masks, sanitize their hands and sign-in upon entering the buildings.
- Public computers will be reactivated, but only half of the computers will be available for use.
- Patrons will be able to locate and check out materials and they may read and study as long as the occupancy limit has not been reached.
- In-person programs are discontinued for the time being.
- Curbside Ordering Guide
Curbside Ordering Instructions:
1. Click here to search the online catalogue to find the books, DVDs, CDs, etc. available at your library
- For Tower Barracks Library, choose "Bavaria Library"
- For Rose Barracks Library, choose "Rose Barracks Library"
3. Include the following information when placing your order:
- Patron's Full Name
- Item Title
- Call Number
- Media type (book, DVD, CD, book on CD, video game WII, Nintendo Switch, etc)
4. You will receive an email when your items are available to pick-up at the library you ordered from. Pick-up hours will be 10 a.m. - 6 p.m. Tuesday-Saturday at Tower Barracks and 11 a.m.-6 p.m. Monday-Friday at Rose Barracks. Please wait for a confirmation email that your books are ready for pick-up before heading to the library. Items that have not been picked-up within one calendar week of notification will be checked back in and re-shelved.
5) When you arrive at the library for pick-up, please wear your mask and sanitize your hands before reaching the door. Ring the bell (Tower Barracks) or knock on the library door (Rose Barracks) and wait for the librarian to unlock the door and return to the circulation desk.
Upon entering, you can find your requested items in the book trolley across from the circulation desk. Please take items and exist the facility, being sure to socially distance with those waiting in line outside the library. Please note, only one person is allowed in at a time.
Returned items will be held for 72 hours before being checked back in as a precautionary measure.
Thank you so much for continuing to support social distancing and your local library!
- Want to repair or do your own car maintenance
Use the library's online resource tool called Chilton Library!
It features repair, service and maintenance information on cars, trucks, vans and SUVs.
When you are ready to work on your car, make an appointment at your USAG Bavaria Automotive Skills Centers.
- Access to the Chilton Library is easy but you must have a library account.
- Visit: http://mwrlibrary.armybiznet.com
- Choose: "My Account"
- Enter: Your web login and PIN
- Select: "Online Resources," scroll down (in alphabetical order) and click on "Chilton Library."
You can use this feature on any personal device at home or at the Automotive Skills Centers.
For more information on accessing Chilton library, contact the Tower Barracks Library at DSN 475-1740 or click here to send an email.
- Amenities & Equipment
Both our Libraries provide:
- After hours book drop
- Reference help
- Handicap accessible areas
- Meeting rooms
- Children's area with small chairs and a castle theme.
- Teen area with young adult literature shelves, couch and study table
- Printing capabilities
- Free Wi-Fi
- Research computers
- Recreational computer
- Public AKO/CAC Access
- Access databases and download eContent
- Check out books, audiobooks, movies, music, and video games
- Request and renew materials with My Account
- Frequently Asked Questions
- How can I get to the library website?
- How do I become a library cardholder?
Stop by at your local library & fill out a registration form: staff will sign you up in the library’s database and your ID/CAC will be your library card.
- Is there a limit on the number of books to be checked out at a time?
- Books: no limit
- DVDs & Music CDs: 10 per account
- Video Games: 5 per account
- Can I check out books, movies, and CD’s together?
- How long may I check items out for?
- Books, audiobooks & music CDs: 21 days
- Movies & video games: 7 days
- TV shows: 14 days
- Can I order items from other libraries?
Yes; you can either order them from home by logging on to “My Account”, a special online library feature on the Army Europe Libraries (AEL) homepage, or you stop by and staff will order desired item(s) for you. As soon as your item is received at the library, you will be automatically notified by e-mail.
- What happens if I lose a library item?
The item must be replaced according to the AEL replacement policy (no cash transaction)
- How will I get notified if a library item is past due?
You are notified via system generated e-mails.
- What kind of events or promotions do you put on?
The library offers a variety of educational and recreational programs for adults as well as for children. Please visit our Facebook site at: https://www.facebook.com/BavariaMWR or the library’s home page at: http://grafenwoehr.armymwr.com/europe/grafenwoehr/programs/libraries
- Can you download E-books to your phone or tablet?
In order to download an e-book for free to your personal device, you need to register with your local library and at the same time request access to “My Account”.
- How can I get to the library website?
We have two libraries to serve you:
Rose & Tower Barracks
Your friendly USAG Bavaria librarians are here to help you find your next favorite book, movie or game. Your library card is your ticket to amazing resources at the library and online. Stop by to learn more.
Tower and Rose Barracks Libraries will reopen March 1, please note guidelines:
Need a library card? Visit your local library during business hours.