- Youth Sports and Fitness
Sports and Fitness Programs provide team sports, individual sports, fitness and health programs and, programming at Child Development Centers, School Age and Youth Programs. Pre-registration is required for Sports and Fitness Programs. Children and youth that are currently registered in CYS can be enrolled in Sports and Fitness using WebTrac.
The National Alliance for Youth Sports (NAYS) has a website for evaluation of coaches. Parents have the opportunity to evaluate coaches on the NAYS website. Parents must have the coach member number to rate their coach. You can get this number from the CYS Sports and Fitness office.
A sports-specific physical must be completed annually, prior to the start of the sports season. The form must be completed with a doctor’s signature and stamp, then submitted to Parent Central Services during registration. Hint: The best time to get your child’s physical — if possible — is in July. This way, your child’s physical will be valid for all sports for one full year.
- Frequently Asked Questions
1. What sports are offered?
CYS Youth Sports and Fitness offers a variety of team and individual sports seasonally. Check out our year round flyer for information - attach;
2. How do I sign my child up for a sport?
Initial (or pre) registration with CYS is required. This may be completed with the Parent Central Services office located on Rose Barracks in Building 224. You may register your child for sports by visiting the Parent Central Services office or online via MWR Online or WebTrac.
3. What ages are eligible?
Youth Sports and Fitness offers a variety of programs for children and youth ages 3-18 years. We offer developmentally appropriate opportunities for children and youth to be engaged in individual and team sports, competitions, that foster development of life-long skills. Sports programs are provided by trained CYS employees and volunteer coaches in a variety of settings including Youth Centers, Family and MWR facilities, schools, and community fields and facilities.
4. How can I volunteer to coach?
Contact the Youth Sports office at DSN 475-9172 or CIV 09641-83-9172. You can also visit the Youth Sports office at Building 9080 at the Netzaberg Teen Center. Or you can obtain an application at Parent Central Services on Rose Barracks in Building 224. Once the application is complete, return it to either the Youth Sports office or Parent Central Services and wait for correspondence from CYS regarding the next step to having your finger prints taken.
5. What are the registration/sign-up dates for each sports season? i.e. Spring, Fall, & Winter.
Please check back to 2020/2021 details.
6. Where can I get a PDF copy of the sports physical online?
7. How early must my child have a physical on file before participating in a sport?
It is recommended that your child have a current sports physical at the time of registration for any sports activity. Registration can be completed without a current physical, though participation in practice and/or games will not be allowed without a current sports physical. The health assessment and any special needs documents must be cleared before they can participate. Turning it in does not guarantee clearance that day. Health Assessments/Sports Physicals are valid for one year.
8. Where do my registration fees go?
CYSS Sports Fees help to offset the cost of:
- Equipment & Supplies: baseballs, bats, helmets, chest protectors, basketballs, soccer balls, goals, starting blocks, football helmets, shoulder pads, pom-poms, mats, training manuals, etc.
- Field maintenance supplies: chalk, paint, rakes, shovels, field markers, fuel for gas- operated equipment, artificial turf upkeep, etc.
- First Aid Training and Medical Emergency Kits.
- Uniforms and t-shirts for players and coaches.
- Maintenance of uniforms: washing and drying and storage.
- Contracts for transportation to tournaments, rental, clinics, officials, non-personal services contracts, etc.
- Conduct the NYSCA Volunteer Coach Certification and Training Program in accordance with the procedural guidelines and policies established by the NYSCA National Board of Directors, to include timely submission of completed roster information and membership fees for all coaches who have Attended NYSCA Certification Clinics.
- Sports Official's Training and Certification and Payment of Officials services throughout the season.
- End-of-season participation awards and recognitions.
9. Do we keep the uniforms after the season has ended?
- Age groups 3-4, 5-6 & 7-9 may keep their sport season T-shirt.
- All 10-12 & 13-15 sports program participants are provided uniforms (on loan) for the season. All uniforms must be returned at the end of the season to their coach or to the CYS Sports and Fitness Staff.
10. What should my child bring to practices and games?
- Participant must purchase and provide their own socks, practice athletic clothes, mitts, shin guards, sports-specific shoes, spandex, bloomers, mouth guards, sport cups, etc.
- Participant must bring his or her own refillable water bottle labeled with his or her name to practices and games.
11. Can my child be on the same team as their friends?
Unfortunately, no. CYS is required to perform skills testing for youth ages 10 and up to form balanced teams. After skills testing teams are drafted with the intent to have equal skills to create better development and more competitive games.
Connect with your CYS Services at USAG Bavaria
CHILD DEVELOPMENT CENTER (CDC) - NETZABERG
CHILD DEVELOPMENT CENTER (CDC) - ROSE BARRACKS
SCHOOL AGE CENTER (SAC) - NETZABERG
SCHOOL AGE CENTER (SAC) - ROSE BARRACKS
YOUTH CENTERS - NETZABERG & ROSE BARRACKS
Looking for other gyms at USAG Bavaria?
Jesse L. Williams Fitness Center - Rose Barracks
Memorial Fitness Center - Rose Barracks
Physical Fitness Center - Tower Barracks
Tower Barracks Field House - 24/7 gym - Tower Barracks